James Hetfield tattoos
Tattoos of James Hetfield
James Hetfield is a legend of heavy rock. He is a member of the founders of the group “Metallica”. A musician is not just an impressive guitarist, an artist; its innovative nature is spreading even more. In his spare time he enjoys drawing. It attracts symbolism and graphic design. These his hobbies are reflected on his body in the form of tattoos.
James Hetfield tattoos and their meaning
All the tattoos of James Hatfield have a certain meaning. through them the musician conveys his attitude to the family or some important events in his life.
1. There is an image of 4 playing cards on the left shoulder.
It displays the year of his birth. The beach that embraces the cards symbolizes the event that occurred in 1992. During the performance, the fire was engulfed by the pyrotechnics of the artist. The inscription in Latin under the figure reads: “Carpe Diem Baby”. This means that you need to rejoice in every day, given by fate.
2. At the top of the chest, the tattoo is dedicated to the family.
It contains the names “Marcella”, “Tali” and “Castor”. Inside are prayerfully folded arms and a cross. It symbolizes a prayer for the well-being of their children. Swallows on their shoulders were performed later.
3. The tattoo on the inner side of the right hand reproduces the biblical scene of St. Michael and Satan.
She asks not to be tempted and calls to fight human vices.
4. Jesus Christ is shown on the outside of the right hand. It symbolizes protection against evil and temptations.
This tattoo reflects the singer’s interest in icon painting.
5. On the outer side of the palms are the letters of the Latin alphabet “F” and “M”.
They symbolize the two passions of the singer: the cause of his whole life is the group Metallica and the name of the beloved woman Francesca.
6. An illustration on the right shoulder depicts a skull surrounded by the words “Live to Win, Dare to Fail”.
She calls for success, taking risks.
7. A tattoo on the left arm bend reminds James of his friend Cliff Barton.
These are the notes from the song “Orion”, which sounded at the funeral of Cliff.
8. On the back of the musician is the inscription “Lead Foot”, fire and horseshoe.
This symbolizes James’s attitude to life – speed, heavy rock and risk.
9. The figure on the outside of the elbow of the right hand is a spider’s web with spanners in it.
10. The image of the skull is located on the back of the left hand.
11. The inscription “Faith” is decorated with the inside of the right hand.
12. The neck on the right shows a skull with wings.
13. The Iron Cross is located on the left elbow.
14. The composition on the in side of the left hand consists of a ship with the inscription “PAPA HET” embraced by flames.
The ship depicts wrenches, a guitar, a microphone, and also a royal lily. This name the musician gave himself after the birth of the second child. It is popular in rock parties.
15. On the inside of the left hand is an angel.
Religious theme is very popular in tattoos.
16. The same hand is marked with the letters “CBL” in memory of a friend of Cliff Lee Bartone.
It is possible that the religious content of the tattoos of James Hetfield came from his childhood. His parents were extremely faithful. Many images were made by the popular tattoo artist Corey Miller.